Monday, August 1, 2011

Back to the roots


Well not excatly but pretty close. Today I had my fist day at my old company. Confusing, right? Well to make it short: I worked there for almost five years, then I left to move back to Munich, then after only five month I started working for that company again via a contractor and today I started working for that company again, directly employed, pretty easy right J. It was weird to have a first day at a company without feeling the excitement of starting something new. I mean: I knew my way around. I knew all my colleagues. I knew my boss. I had contract negotiation with a supplier I knew. So I had to remind myself throughout the day that today was my first day. Weird, I know.
Other subject: On Saturday I was invited to a party of really good friends. The occasion was summary of one round birthday and the moving in into their beautiful new home. Well actually they moved in already last year and the round birthday was already last year, but there was also the birth of their second child and somehow these three dates were pretty close together last year, so they made big party this year :-). Make sense, right? Now with explanation you understand that the “gift” issue was a little complicated, but not really, since I had the perfect little gift for them, this (plus the number 33a on top of it to resemble their house number, but I didn’t make a photo of it…):





And yes I made this. Two month ago a good friend of mine gave a workshop on making “flower-cakes” and I was sooooooooooooooooo thrilled with my result of it, that I wanted to make one as gift. The round “cake” looked like this:


It helped that this good friend of mine which owns the flower shop, let me do it at her shop and so I could choose from whatever she had in her shop :-). I decided to stay with roses, blackberries and some green stuff. It was really fun making it, especially since I had such a nice company. Thanks Jasmyn!!!

1 comment:

Sabine Waack said...

WOW Svenja, ich bin begeistert!!! Ich will auch so einen Blumenkuchenkurs besuchen :-))) Gibt´s das nochmal??? Die sind soooo schön!!! Da haben sich das Geburtstagskind/Neuhausbesitzer/stolze Eltern bestimmt seeeehr gefreut!!! Ich find´s übrigens klasse, dass Du in Englisch schreibst, denn ich lese es gerne :-) Können wir uns bei unsren Crops auch mal nur in Englisch unterhalten??? VLG Sabine