Saturday, November 14, 2009

CSI and Friday 13th

Yesterday I spend two and half hours at the police station, after I found a dent and a big scratch in the paint of my little convertible. Needless to say that my mood on Friday 13th dramatically went down after that…So after getting over the first frustration I drove to the police station around the corner and filed a report against unknown (I have no clue if that is the right translation into English, but in German we say “Anzeige gegen Unbekannt”). I told the officer that I believe it could have been someone from the construction side across the street, since there is also some dirt like plastering around the scratch. So after he looked at it and the report was put into the computer, he told me to drive to another police station to “secure the evidence”.
While driving to that police station I couldn’t help myself and thought about the CSI TV show! Well, the German Spurensicherung looks nothing like the one on TV, but the guy took some pictures and also a sample of the dirt and paint scratch.
So now I have to wait and see if anything is coming out of that, which basically means I’ll get letter saying either that they caught someone or that they couldn’t. I don’t have a lot of hope and that means I’ll have to pay for fixing the damage by myself!!!
No, it was certainly not a good Friday 13th …




I hope your weekend started better then mine…

2 comments:

dandee said...

Ship your car to the US. I know a good auto body shop. :)

Amy J. said...

I thought of CSI too as I was reading your post. That is such a bummer deal!